THE Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society published its annual report a few days ago. It includes name-checks for all the various board members, sponsors and partner organisations, as you’d expect.
It also includes the following head-spinning facts:
- • www.edfringe.com was viewed 12 million times between June and August 2011 (1 million up on the year before)
- • The Fringe apps for Android and iPhone were downloaded 45,084 times in 2011
- • An estimated 1,877,119 people attended registered events
- • Something like 21,192 performers took to the stage
- • There were 607 free shows and 1319 premieres
- • Comedy accounted for 37% of the programme, theatre 30% and music 14%